Today’s guest is Mareen of Sugarbushfarmstn. Together with her husband and two kids, she runs a small farm in Murfreesboro, Tn. Mareen is a 5th grade math and science teacher. Her goats are regulars at her local brewery!
“From East Germany to the United States, life has been an extraordinary journey for the Hoens.” —Mareen
Topics we discuss:
1. How the family farm came to be. It’s a remarkable story of survival after her husband was shot during a drive by shooting.
2. Resources she’s using to keep her animals healthy and happy.
3. Tips on raising the best backyard chickens, goats, and other farm animals.
4. Advice on how to start your homestead.
5. Details on the farm events she hosts that are open to the public.Support the show